Aiguille d’Or” Grand Prix is awarded to Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Selfwinding Perpetual Calendar Ultra-Thin.
The GPHG’s independent jury awarded 19 prizes and attributed the “Aiguille d’Or” Grand Prix to Audemars Piguet for the
Royal Oak Selfwinding Perpetual Calendar Ultra-Thin watch.
The Bvlgari, Chanel, Chronométrie Ferdinand Berthoud, Genus, Hermès, Kudoke, MB&F, Ming, Seiko, Tudor, Urwerk, Vacheron Constantin et Voutilainen brands were also rewarded for their expertise and creativity.
The Special Jury Prize, which honours an influential actor in the watchmaking world, was bestowed on Luc Pettavino, Founder and Organiser of Only Watch.
On the eve of its 20th anniversary, the GPHG is announcing the upcoming creation of an academy of the profession. This major initiative, reflecting its unifying mission and supported by the City and Canton of Geneva, will constitute a vast network of ambassadors who will take part in the various stages of watch selection and contribute to the worldwide promotion of the watchmaking art. The academy will be operational in spring 2020.
The pre-selected watches, including the 18 prize-winners, are on display at the Geneva Musée d’Artet d’Histoire (MAH) until November 14th 2019.
2019 GPHG PRIZE-WINNERS:
- “Aiguille d’Or” Grand Prix: Audemars Piguet, Royal Oak Selfwinding Perpetual Calendar Ultra-Thin;
- Ladies’ Watch Prize: Chanel, J12 Calibre 12.1;
- Ladies’ Complication Watch Prize: MB&F, Legacy Machine FlyingT;
- Men’s Watch Prize: Voutilainen, 28ti;
- Men’s Complication Watch Prize: Audemars Piguet, Code 11.59 by Audemars Piguet Minute Repeater Supersonnerie;
- Iconic Watch Prize: Audemars Piguet, Royal Oak “Jumbo” Extra-thin;
- Chronometry Watch Prize: Chronométrie Ferdinand Berthoud, Carburised steel regulator;
- Calendar and Astronomy Watch Prize: Hermès, Arceau L’heure de la lune;
- Mechanical Exception Watch Prize: Genus, GNS1.2;
- Chronograph Watch Prize: Bvlgari, Octo Finissimo Chronograph GMT Automatic;
- Diver’s Watch Prize: Seiko, Prospex LX line diver’s;
- Jewellery Watch Prize: Bvlgari, Serpenti Misteriosi Romani;
- Artistic Crafts Watch Prize: Voutilainen, Starry Night Vine;
- “Petite Aiguille” Prize: Kudoke, Kudoke 2;
- Challenge Watch Prize: Tudor, Black Bay P01;
- Innovation Prize: Vacheron Constantin, Traditionnelle Twin Beat perpetual calendar;
- Audacity Prize: Urwerk, AMC;
- “Horological Revelation” Prize: Ming, 17.06 Copper;
- Special Jury Prize: Luc Pettavino, Founder and Organiser of Only Watch.