The annual British Luxury Awards by Walpole take place The Dorchester on Monday 19th November. Fortnum & Mason, Sunseeker, Boodles, Royal Ballet x Erdem, Roja Dove, Donmar Warehouse and Mulberry join a prestigious collection of British Luxury Brands in the 2018.
The 17th-annual British Luxury Awards celebrate the achievements of some of Britain’s most influential and creative individuals.
Walpole announced that world-renowned, Golden Globe, BAFTA, and International Emmy award-nominated actor Jason Isaacs is the host of the Walpole British Luxury Awards 2018, which take place at The Dorchester in London’s Mayfair on Monday 19th November 2018.
The Walpole British Luxury Awards celebrate and reward brands and individuals for their outstanding work in the luxury sector both in Britain and abroad. Jason Isaacs will present awards across nine categories from a shortlist of brands which include FORTNUM & MASON, SUNSEEKER, BOODLES, ROYAL BALLET & ERDEM, ROJA DOVE, DONMAR WAREHOUSE AND MULBERRY.
Over 350 top luxury industry creatives, executives and influencers will gather to applaud Britain’s longstanding luxury companies and emerging talent that have demonstrated the pinnacle of excellence in the last year. Past winners have included CHARLOTTE TILBURY, VICTORIA BECKHAM, JAGUAR LAND ROVER, GUCCI, EMILIA WICKSTEAD, AND VANESSA KINGORI MBE.
The winners of the 2018 Walpole British Luxury Awards will be chosen by an esteemed judging panel.
THE 2018 Shortlist for 2018 Walpole British Luxury Awards:
- LUXURY WITH A HEART, IN ASSOCIATION WITH MYLOVEAFFAIR
Atelier Swarovski, Cadogan, NSPCC & Harrods: Fashion Retold, G. F Smith, PORTER x Parley for the Oceans, V&A: Fashioned from Nature
- CREATIVE COLLABORATION, IN ASSOCIATION WITH LETSBAB
Creative Collaboration is awarded to the British luxury brands who have come together to create something unique.
dunhill x Hole & Corner: ‘Home of Craftsmanship’ at Bourdon House for LCW 2018, Farrow & Ball x The Rug Company: The Complementary Colour Collection, Jancis Robinson x Richard Brendon, Jo Malone London x Huntsman, Royal Ballet x Erdem
- CULTURAL CONTRIBUTION, IN ASSOCIATION WITH WEARISMA
Donmar Warehouse, Glyndebourne: The Opera Cup, Lord Cholmondley: Houghton Hall and Garden, Natalie Livingstone and
Tina Brown: Cliveden Literary Festival, The Royal Academy: 250 year Anniversary
- LUXURY LEADER, IN ASSOCIATION WITH G. F SMITH
Alison Loehnis, President, NET-A-PORTER and MR PORTER, Angus Cundey, Chairman, Henry Poole, David Armstrong-Jones, 2nd Earl of Snowdon, Roja Dove, Founder, Roja Parfums.
- BRITISH LUXURY OVERSEAS, IN ASSOCIATION WITH FORTER
Fortnum & Mason, Molton Brown, Penhaligon’s, Royal Salute, Sunseeker
- LUXURY MAKER OF THE YEAR – IN ASSOCIATION WITH ELITE ASSOCIATES
Ardbeg, Church’s, The Gleneagles Hotel, James Purdey & Sons, Mulberry;
- BRITISH LUXURY BRAND OF THE YEAR – IN ASSOCIATION WITH LAURENT-PERRIER
Belmond, Boodles, Bremont, Fortnum & Mason, Liberty London
The Brands of Tomorrow Award for Emerging Talent, in association with Mischon de Reya, and Luxury Legend, in Association with the Times Luxx and Style, will be reavealed on the night.
- The judging panel was chaired by MICHAEL WARD, MD, Harrods & Chairman, Walpole, and includes
- HELEN BROCKLEBANK, CEO, Walpole;
- MARK HARVEY, CEO, Chapel Down;
- GILLIAN DE BONO, Editor, How to Spend it; MICHAEL MORLEY, Head of Wealth Management UK, Deutsche Bank Wealth Management;
- MARK HENDERSON, Chairman, Gieves & Hawkes;
- RICHARD CARTER, Director of Global Communications, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars; JONATHAN HEILBRON, Chairman, Walpole Brands of Tomorrow;
- PHILIPPE WARNERY; Senior Vice President and GM of Estée Lauder;
- DR. FREDERICK MOSTERT, Research Fellow, University of Oxford IP Research Centre and
JUSTINE PICARDIE, Editor-in-Chief, Harper’s Bazaar and Town & Country.