As the final of LVMH Prize for Young Fashion Designers 2020 is canceled, the 300,000-euro award is distributed equally among the finalists.
The LVMH Prize sets up a Fund in aid of young fashion designers.
As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, the final of the 7th edition of the LVMH Prize for Young Fashion Designers, originally scheduled on 5th June 2020 at the Louis Vuitton Foundation, has been cancelled.
This year, the allocation of the LVMH Prize will be awarded to the eight finalists of the 2020edition who were selected by the committee of Experts during the semi-final on 27th and 28th February 2020. The 300,000-euro award will be distributed equally among the finalists.
The health crisis poses an economic threat to young talent. That is why the LVMH Prize has set up a Fund in aid of young fashion designers that will notably be supplemented by the 2020 Karl Lagerfeld Prize allocation.
In virtue of the bond of solidarity within the LVMH Prize community, this Fund will benefit all the winning designers and their brands awarded with the LVMH Prize for Young Fashion Designers and the Karl Lagerfeld Prize over the six previous editions, upon application. Details of the program will be provided at a later date, LVMH announced in a statement.
“Since its launch, the LVMH Prize has promoted and nurtured young talent,” commented Delphine Arnault. “Each year, it places the spotlight on young designers from all over the world and supports the development of their companies. In this challenging context, this Fund in aid of young fashion designers highlights the main mission of the LVMH Prize by supporting our former winners.”
FINALISTS OF THE 7th EDITION OF THE LVMH PRIZE ARE:
- AHLUWALIA by Priya Ahluwalia (British designer based in London)
Menswear presented in London;
- CASABLANCA by Charaf Tajer (French designer based in London)
Menswear presented in Paris;
- CHOPOVA LOWENA by Emma Chopova and Laura Lowena (Bulgarian-American designer and British designer based in London); Womenswear presented in London;
- NICHOLAS DALEY by Nicholas Daley (British designer based in London). Menswear presented in London;
- PETER DO by Peter Do (American designer based in New York). Womenswear presented in Paris;
- SINDISO KHUMALO by Sindiso Khumalo (South African designer based in Cape Town). Womenswear presented in Milan.
- SUPRIYA LELE by Supriya Lele (British-Indian designer based in London). Womenswear presented in London;
- TOMO KOIZUMI by Tomotoka Koizumi (Japanese designer based in Tokyo). Womenswear presented in Tokyo.