The seven priciest city hotels in the United States are all located in Manhattan, according to a recent survey conducted by Luxury-Hotels. Of them, The Ritz Carlton and the Mandarin Oriental lead the rankings.
In determining the rankings, the survey compared luxury hotels based on their cheapest available rate for a double room during the month of October 2015. October was chosen for comparative purposes because most U.S. cities, including New York City, reach their highest average hotel rates during that month.
The Ritz Carlton and the Mandarin Oriental, both located one block from Central Park, top the rankings with a minimum nightly rate of $995 for a double room. The Baccarat Hotel, also located in Midtown Manhattan, takes the third spot at only five dollars cheaper.
The most expensive city hotel outside of NYC is located in Los Angeles. With a minimum rate of $800, the Montage Beverly Hills ranks eighth most expensive overall. Just $11 less expensive, the SKYLOFTS at MGM Grand is Las Vegas’s most expensive hotel.
Here are the 20 most expensive city hotels in the United States. The prices listed indicate the cheapest available rate for a double room during the month of October 2015.
1. Mandarin Oriental (New York) $995
1. The Ritz-Carlton Central Park (New York) $995
3. Baccarat Hotel & Residences (New York) $990
4. The St. Regis (New York) $945
5. The Plaza Hotel (New York) $893
6. The Peninsula (New York) $845
7. Park Hyatt (New York) $834
8. Montage Beverly Hills (Los Angeles) $800
9. SKYLOFTS at MGM Grand (Las Vegas) $789
10. The Lowell (New York) $785.
11. Trump International Hotel (New York City) $756
12. The Mark (New York City) $725
12. Crosby Street Hotel (New York City) $725
14. Hotel Plaza Athenee (New York City) $720
15. The Carlyle (New York City) $720
16. The Chatwal (New York City) $716
17. The Sherry Netherland (New York City) $699
18. The Beverly Hills Hotel and Bungalows (Los Angeles) $687
19. Mandarin Oriental (Boston) $675
19. The Greenwich Hotel (New York City) $675.