China’s wealthiest women reflect the reality of China’s real estate market.
The combined wealth of the top 15 wealthiest women in China exceeds US$30 billion, with real estate wealth dominating China’s female billionaires top compiled by Wealth-X. The wealthiest female billionaire in China, Huiyan Yang, vice chairman of Country Garden, is the youngest on the list at 32 years old. The average age of the women on the list is 50 years old. The majority of the women on the list are self-made individuals at 80%, followed by inherited wealth at 20%.
“Female entrepreneurs in China have played an integral role in the country’s growth story,” explained Mykolas Rambus , CEO, Wealth-X. “In the cut-throat world of business, these women have outperformed many of their male counterparts to join the ranks of China’s wealthiest individuals.”
Only three out of the 15 women on the list derived their fortunes from inheritance. Eleven women on the list are entrepreneurs. One is an executive at a conglomerate. Here are the top five:
Real estate wealth dominates the list, as total wealth attributed to the sector comprises over 60% of the combined net worth of the 15 wealthiest Chinese women. This reflects the strong potential for growth in the sector even as it grapples with property cooling measures enacted by the government.
“Wealth creation in China is inextricably linked to real estate. Our list also reflects the reality of China’s real estate market; that increased investment is not only observable in residential and commercial properties, but also luxury hotels and clubhouses. This has given rise to a demand for diverse architectural services, such as environmental landscaping. Indeed, some of China’s wealthiest women are transforming the country’s real estate market,” added Rambus.
Top wealthiest women in China:
1. Huiyan Yang – Vice Chairman Country Garden (Real Estate) – 6,300 Net Worth (US$ million)
2. Yajun Wu – Founder – Longfor Group (Real Estate) – 4,100 Net Worth (US$ million)
3. Xin Zhang – Co-founder SOHO China (Real Estate) – 3,400 Net Worth (US$ million)
4. Lihua Chen – Founder Fu Wah International Group (Real Estate) – 2,700 Net Worth (US$ million)
5. Qiaonv He – Founder Beijing Orient Landscape (Landscaping) – 2,100 Net Worth (US$ million).
6. Xiuli Hawken – Co-founder Renhe Commercial Holdings – 1,800 Net Worth (US$ million)
7. Yin Zhang – Co-founder Nine Dragons Paper Holdings 1,600 Net Worth (US$ million)
8. Un Chan Chan – Shareholder at Sociedade de Turismo e Diversoes de Macau (STDM) – 1,400 Net Worth (US$ million)
9. Chunyuan Wu – Co-founder AAC Technologies 1,300 Net Worth (US$ million)
10. Jinxia Chen – Controlling Shareholder Yongjin Group – 1,200 Net Worth (US$ million)
11. Xi Huang – Chairwoman Good First Group – 1,000 Net Worth (US$ million)
12. Jufang Lei – Founder Cheezheng Tibetan Medicine Group – 1,000 Net Worth (US$ million)
13. Yaxian Zhou – Co-founder Shenguan – 780 Net Worth (US$ million)
14. Tan Li – Co-founder Shenzhen Hepalink Pharmaceutical – 770 Net Worth (US$ million)
15. Qianqian Luo – Co-founder Shanda Interactive Entertainment 700 Net Worth (US$ million).