The first phone to use a hybrid stone material
In 2010, luxury mobile phone maker Mobiado created a concept phone called the CPT001 crafted from one piece of solid marble. Two and half years later, the Grand Touch Executive is a realization of that concept as the first phone to use a hybrid stone material and the first phone to use a SIM card mechanism.
The Grand Touch Executive body is CNC machined from solid materials (exotic wood or stone hybrid material) and bonded into an aircraft aluminum composite. The back center panel and buttons are crafted from sapphire crystal, combining for a total 50 Carats. The back sapphire panel displays three windows; camera, LED flash, and the SIM card mechanism.
Mobiado’s latest addition features a 5 MP camera, a 4.65 inch S-AMOLED touch screen, 16GB of storage and common smartphone features such as Bluetooth/WiFi capabilities.
The Grand Touch Executive is available in 5 styles: Burl, Cocobolo, Ebony, Granite, and Marble. The SIM card key allows the user to become part of a mechanical experience. The SIM card movement is precision assembled from complicated stainless steel components and is accessed with the specialized Mobiado Key.
Mobiado Grand Touch Executive marble phone is equipped with:
• 5 megapixel camera with LED flash.
• 4.65″ display, 720 x 1280 pixels, S-AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, with 16M colours.
• 16GB storage, 1GB RAM
• 3.5mm audio jack, MP3/WAV/eAAC+/AC3 player, and MP4/H.264/H.263 player.
• GPRS, EDGE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP, and microUSB v2.0 port.
• Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, and barometer.