Whether you’re traveling for business or for pleasure, there’s one universal aspect of travel that’s both necessary and uniquely, aggravatingly stressful: packing. You can’t go anywhere empty-handed, but the art of packing fills most of us with dread, or at least some degree of annoyance.
Thankfully, one company is hoping to take the stress factor out of packing once and for all.
Why Packing Is Such a Problem
Let’s take a closer look at why packing is such a problem in the first place. You won’t have to look far to find complaints about “packing anxiety,” and you’ve probably experienced in your own life, even for short weekend trips. So where does this anxiety stem from, and why is it so stressful?
- Remembering everything. How can you be sure that you remembered everything you need for this trip? Sure, you could pick up some extra deodorant at a convenience store outside your hotel, but depending on its location and your schedule, it could be both expensive and inconvenient. And some items may not be available, forcing you to go to multiple stores to find a replacement. If you’re on a tight business schedule, that may not be feasible, and if you’re on vacation, it could eat into your precious relaxation hours.
- Time constraints. Packing is usually done the night before a big trip, or even the morning of, which means you’ll be facing strict time restrictions—amplifying the stress of the experience. It’s possible to pack early, but since there are some items you’ll need on a daily basis (like toothpaste), it’s hard to plan too far into the future. Incidentally, this increases the chances that you’ll forget something.
- Rules and regulations. The TSA has some strict requirements for what can be brought onboard a plane, and you may face similar restrictions in other modes of travel, like bus or train. Researching these requirements is time-consuming, and there’s no guarantee you won’t overlook a key rule—and be forced to throw away an important item at the gate or repack at a moment’s notice.
- Necessity. What happens if you need something while you’re traveling? If an important item, like part of your first aid kit, is buried at the bottom of your carry-on bag, it may not be practical to retrieve it during the flight. This forces you to pack strategically, with your most necessary items toward the top (or otherwise positioned so they’re most accessible).
- Safety and security. On top of all that, you may also need to concern yourself with the safety and security of your bags. Checking a bag with an airliner makes most people uncomfortable, since lost luggage is always a possibility, and if you carry your bags around with you throughout the airport, they’re going to be vulnerable to theft.
How Ben Lido Solves the Problem
Travel kit company Ben Lido solves the problem by offering custom travel kits for the modern traveler. These kits contain all the practical necessities you’ll need for your trip, including sunscreen, wipes, deodorant, shampoo, and first aid items. Since every trip is different and every traveler is unique, they offer multiple varieties of pre-made kits, custom-made for quick trips, business trips, adventurous journeys, beach holidays, and more, and as if that weren’t enough, they also offer customization options so customers can build the exact kit they’ll need for any given trip.
With these kits, you won’t have to worry about forgetting something, or falling outside of TSA restrictions, and since it’s packed and pre-made for you, you won’t have to spend the time agonizing over what to pack and packing it.
Ben Lido is also constantly adapting to the changing needs and new demands of their customers. For example, after Meghan Markle revealed the stress she faces from jetlag and traveling in general, Ben Lido came out with an add-on for all their travel kits called “the Meghan” for in-flight health. It hangs comfortably from the tray button of the seat in front of you and contains in-flight necessities like sanitary wipes and cotton swabs; best of all, it fits neatly into any of their existing custom travel kits, and it’s completely free (as of the writing of this article).
Taking the Stress Out of Packing
Pre-made kits don’t just save you time and stress—they can also save you money, since they’re so competitively priced. You won’t have to travel to the store, pay ridiculous prices at airport-adjacent stores, or make multiple trips just to get what you need. Depending on the nature of your trip, it could save you hours of research, brainstorming, and work, and give you the comfort that you’ll have everything you need to keep you healthy, clean, and most of all, comfortable when traveling.