At-home spa facials from Myriam, facial expert at Le Spa at Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris.
For those who have the chance to embrace their post lockdown life and those who still are, Myriam, facial expert at Le Spa at Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris, has developed four natural beauty masks that are easy to create and ideal to relax and bring a natural glow to the skin.
Fruit Hydration Banana Face Mask
This mask is perfect to improve radiance and infuses the skin with luminosity. The lactic acids naturally present in milk encourage exfoliation, improving the elasticity of the skin while stimulating cell renewal. Banana peel is as nutritious as the flesh, with iron, potassium, vitamins A, B6, C and K as well as manganese, an essential trace element with antioxidant properties. Thanks to its high concentration of vitamins and active ingredients, this mask plumps, soothes, and evens out skin tone.
- 1 small glass of whole milk;
- 1 banana.Peel and slice the banana. Cut the banana peel into pieces. Mix the flesh, skin and whole milk together until of uniform consistency. Apply a thick layer on the face, making sure the skin is cleansed and dry. Leave for five minutes, apply a second layer, then a third. Rinse with lukewarm water.
Soothing Express Hand Mask
Pamper hands and help skin regain its radiance and softness with this beauty treatment. Used since the dawn of time, olive oil is ideal for intensely nourishing the skin and preventing ageing. Combined with the invigorating, restorative and healing properties of honey and the hydrating power of fresh cream, this natural mixture, which is both fragrant and delicious, envelops hands in a nourishing cocoon.
- 2 spoonfuls of crème fraiche (minimum 30 percent fat);
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil;
- 1 teaspoon of honey.Mix the ingredients together in a bowl until uniformly blended. Apply a generous layer to hands, let sit for 10 minutes then rinse with lukewarm water. To increase absorption, wrap hands in cling film.
Cocooning Face Scrub
This natural scrub buffs away dead skin cells to reveal a more luminous complexion. As a rich source of citric acid and vitamin C, lemons are known to purify and disinfect the skin. Combined with honey, they will leave the skin clean and soft, ready for one’s preferred moisturising cream.
- 1 teaspoon of salt;
- 1 teaspoon of honey;
- Lemon juice.Mix the ingredients together in a small dish. Apply to cleansed skin, working in small circular motions to sweep away dead skin cells.
Magic Face Mask
A must for a radiant complexion and a wellness break. Known for its smoothing properties, egg white is also high in protein, while sugar activates cell regeneration. Combined together, these two ingredients are perfect for tightening pores and bringing out the natural radiance of the skin.
- 1 egg white;
- 1 spoonful of sugar;Beat the egg and sugar until fluffy. Apply the mixture to the face and let sit for about fifteen minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm