Can Your Zodiac Sign Predict Your Wealth?
Regardless of your personal feelings on astrology, it’s possible to study the correlations between people born under various Zodiac signs and how they live their lives. Whether you use this information as a prediction for the various people in your life (including yourself) or just use it as a source of amusement, it’s fascinating to consider.
For example, some Zodiac signs may be more likely to be wealthy than others—but which ones? And why is this the case?
Zodiac Signs and Forbes’s 2018 Rich List
While it’s possible to highlight anecdotal examples to showcase why one sign might have more advantages than another, it’s better to look at the high-level data. In this case, we’ll look at Forbes’ list of the richest people in the world as of 2018.
If you break this list down by birthdays, you can hash out how many entries each Zodiac sign has on this list. In order, the most popular Zodiac signs for billionaires are:
- Libra. There were 14 Libras on Forbes’s list of the 100 richest people in the world. Libras are all about balance, which means they likely focus on saving and investing as much as they do indulging themselves. Among Libras on this list were steel magnates, company chairmen, and corporate heiresses.
- Leo. Leos stereotypically enjoy life’s luxuries, which can be problematic for managing money. However, they also tend to be competitive and ambitious. There are 11 Leo billionaires on this list, including tech CEOs like Sergey Brin and Larry Ellison.
- Taurus. If your Taurus daily horoscope has indicated that wealth may be in your future, it could be more accurate than you give it credit for. Tauruses are loyal and hard workers, which is probably why they’re equally represented, with 11 Taurus billionaires.
- Aries. Next up, we have Aries, a sign held by 8 billionaires in the richest 100. Aries is a typically impulsive sign, but that impulsiveness also leads them to be fast-paced and competitive, which can help them earn more than their competitors.
- Aquarius. An Aquarius tends to seek out meaningful work they genuinely enjoy, which could be why they find themselves toward the middle of this list, tied with Aries with 8 billionaires representing their sign. Telecoms tycoons, corporate founders, and business magnate Michael Bloomberg are among the candidates here.
- Scorpio. Scorpio is just behind Aquarius with 7 billionaires on the list. Tech is heavily represented here as well, with Bill Gates and Laurene Powell Jobs, widow of the late Steve Jobs. Scorpios tend to be instinct-driven and are often associated with windfalls.
- Cancer. Cancer also has 7 billionaires represented on this list, including Heineken heiress Charlene de Carvalho-Heineken and Tesla founder Elon Musk. Cancers tend to be focused on security for themselves and their family, which often makes them efficient workers, but may also hold them back from taking aggressive risks.
- Gemini. Geminis are typically associated with impulsive behavior, following their whims rather than a strict savings plan. However, they’re adequately represented on this list of billionaires with 6 members.
- Virgo. Virgos are notoriously practical and cautious. While they tend to be well-organized and diligent, they may also stay in safe jobs with a limited income ceiling. There are 6 billionaires who are Virgos on this list, including Jack Ma and Warren Buffett.
- Capricorn. Only 4 Capricorns made it to this list of billionaires, but one of them is the richest man in the world, Jeff Bezos. Capricorns are ambitious and tend to be frugal, which are admirable qualities. However, they may be too cautious for their own good.
- Pisces. Pisces signs don’t tend to be practical in any area of their life, let alone finances. High-earning careers and ambitious investing plans aren’t typically associated with them. Still, there were 4 billionaires representing Pisces on the list.
- Sagittarius. Bringing up the rear of the list are Sagittarius signs, but there are still 3 of them representing the sign. Sagittarius signs tend to be lucky, but impractical. They often switch jobs, making it hard for them to climb the corporate ladder.
There are many strategies you can use to accumulate wealth, and there’s no one path to success. As you can see, every Zodiac sign is at least partially represented on this list, so everyone has a chance to become wealthy. While there are some signs that appear to be doing better than others (i.e., Libra, Leo, and Taurus), this is still only a list of the top 100 richest people in the world, and doesn’t represent a fully comprehensive study. Draw your own conclusions, but remember, your Zodiac sign is never a guarantee of your future.