World Travel Awards Asia & Australasia Gala Ceremony 2014.
China was among the biggest winners at the World Travel Awards Asia & Australasia Gala Ceremony 2014 last week, with a host of awards headed for the emerging tourism powerhouse, announced the organizers of ‘the Oscars of the travel industry.’
Hosts The Oberoi, New Delhi also had reason to cheer, picking up the trophy for Asia’s Leading Luxury Hotel, while parent Oberoi Hotels & Resorts was recognised as Asia’s Leading Luxury Hotel Brand.
In aviation, Hainan Air was recognised as Asia’s Leading Airline – Business Class, Singapore Airlines was awarded Asia’s Leading Airline and Air New Zealand took the title of Australasia’s Leading Airline. On the ground Changi Airport defended its title of Asia’s Leading Airport for an unprecedented ninth year.
“Among the biggest stories of the night has been the rise of China as a tourism destination here in Asia. Our voters have recognised some industry leading organisations and I look forward to seeing many of them again at the World Travel Awards Grand Final in Morocco next month,” said World Travel Awards President Graham Cooke.
For China, HNA Tourism Group took the title of Asia’s Leading Travel Management Company, while Deer Jet took the prestigious award for Asia’s Leading Private Jet Charter. Continuing the winning streak, Tangla Hotels & Resorts walked away with the prize for Asia’s Leading Lifestyle Hotel Brand.
InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, one of the largest hospitality companies in the world, took the titles for both Asia’s Leading Business Hotel Brand and Asia’s Leading Luxury Business Hotel Brand.
Indonesia Ministry of Tourism also took home the trophy for Asia’s Leading Tourist Board.World Travel Awards saw its annual Grand Tour launch successfully in Dubai in May, with Gala Ceremonies following in Greek capital Athens and Quito, high in the mountains of Ecuador.
A final regional Gala Ceremony will take place on the sunshine island of Anguilla later this month, before Morocco welcomes World Travel Awards to Marrakech for the Grand Final 2014.
- Asia’s Leading Luxury All Suite Hotel Resorts World Sentosa – Crockfords Tower, Singapore;
- Asia’s Leading Luxury Business Hotel Brand – InterContinental Hotels & Resorts;
- Asia’s Leading Luxury City Hotel – Grand Park Orchard, Singapore;
- Asia’s Leading Luxury Hotel – The Oberoi New Delhi, India;
- Asia’s Leading Luxury Hotel Brand – Oberoi Hotels & Resorts;
- Asia’s Leading Luxury Resort – InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort, Vietnam;
- Asia’s Leading Luxury Tour Operator – Abercrombie & Kent;
- Asia’s Leading Luxury Train – Deccan Odyssey.