World’s most awarded ultra-premium vodka wins gold at the 2012 Vodka Masters

The independent Swedish micro-distillery Purity Vodka is the most awarded ultra-premium vodka you’ve never heard of. For the second year in a row, the world’s most awarded ultra-premium vodka bests others in its spirit category at the 2012 Spirit Masters Competition.

Purity Vodka swept the overall vodka category, taking the top title of Grand Vodka Master. Presented on November 20th in the U.K., the Spirits Business’ annual Vodka Masters are awarded based on blind tastings by a panel of leading spirits and on-trade. The best brands are recognized for excellence in category, flavor, packaging design, and other categories.

Purity Vodka won Masters medals in Scandinavia and Super Premium, and Gold medals in Design & Packaging, Europe and Organic categories. The brand also received top accolades at the Travel Retail Masters, held at the same time, bringing home Masters medals for Travel Retail Exclusive and Design & Packaging.

“I am pleased that the decade spent developing what we believe to be the smoothest, highest quality ultra- premium vodka on the market has yielded significant results. It’s wonderful that both industry people and in- the-know consumers are beginning to catch on regarding the elegant, full-bodied taste and complexity of Purity Vodka,” said Thomas Kuuttanen, master blender at Purity Vodka.

During the distillation (distilled 34 times), Master Bender Thomas Kuuttanen disposes of 90 percent of the spirit leaving only the “Perfect Cut” – or 10 percent of the spirit – which is used as the heart of Purity Vodka. The result: A spirit so refined that it doesn’t need filtration.

The Purity Vodka brand also won Triple Gold at the 2012 Micro Distillery Awards. The spirit also garnered Gold and Master awards in seven out of seven categories entered at the Vodka Masters and Travel Retail Masters 2011 competition in Cannes and took home Vodka of the Year honors as the Grand Vodka Master. For the latter, Purity Vodka scored the maximum number of points in the competition’s organic category –100 out of 100– an unprecedented achievement in competition history.