On the heels of its inaugural 50 Over 50 list, Forbes unveiled the 50 Over 50: Vision list, which highlights the exceptional women who are shaping the future of science, technology and art.
Forbes “50 Over 50” platform, in partnership with Mika Brzezinski’s “Know Your Value” is dedicated to shine a light on women over the age of 50 who have achieved significant success later in life, often overcoming formidable odds or barriers. Due to an abundance of interest for the 50 Over 50 list, Forbes has continued to roll out additional lists to spotlight women who are achieving great success after 50. In addition to the 50 Over 50: Vision list, Forbes has published a sub-list focused on Impact and the next installment will focus on women working across Wall Street, venture capital and impact investing.
“Women over the age of 50 are taking their careers into their own hands while disrupting industries and shattering age and gender norms,” said Maggie McGrath, Editor, Forbes Women. “The visionaries on the list are leaving a lasting imprint on society and culture with their unique scientific and artistic visions. Through their dynamic ideas, they are proving that there is no deadline for success—or for the most creative and fulfilling years of your life.”
Notable 50 Over 50: Vision 50 list makers include:
· Iris Apfel, Designer, influencer, and fashion icon;
· Madeline Bell, President & CEO, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
· Marian Croak, Vice President of Engineering, Google;
· Kimberly Godwin, President, ABC News;
· Kathrin Jansen, Senior Vice President, Head of Vaccine Research and Development, Pfizer;
· Patricia Marroquin Norby, Native American Art Curator, Metropolitan Museum of Art;
· Jonelle Procope, President & CEO, Apollo Theater;
· Sylvia Rhone, Chairwoman & CEO, Epic Records;
· Gwynne Shotwell, President & COO, SpaceX;
· Kaywin Feldman, Director, National Gallery of Art;
· Ruth Carter, Costume Designer;
To coincide with the launch, Forbes also profiles designer Eileen Fisher, who founded her company in 1984, who has married her passions for fashion and sustainability to provide fashion forward clothing items while also improving the environment and leaving the world better than she found it.
For the Forbes 50 Over 50: Vision list, stories and more visit: www.forbes.com/50over50/vision