The “Aiguiile d’Or” Grand Prix to Ferdinand Berthoud for the Chronomètre Ferdinand Berthoud FB 1 model.
The watchmaking art was in the spotlight this Thursday November 10th at the Théâtre du Léman, on the occasion of the prize-giving ceremony for the 16th
Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève (GPHG). The Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève annually salutes the excellence of worldwide watchmaking production and thereby contributes to promoting the worldwide influence of watchmaking and its values.
The prestigious international jury of this 2016 edition of the GPHG announced the winners of 15 prizes and awarded the “Aiguiile d’Or” Grand Prix to Ferdinand Berthoud for the Chronomètre Ferdinand Berthoud FB 1 model. The public, which cast its votes on the Internet and at the various international exhibitions, chose to award the Public Prize to: Czapek Genève, 33 bis Quai des Bergues.
The Audemars Piguet, Girard-Perregaux, Montblanc, MB&F, Piaget, TAG Heuer and Tudor brands, along with Chanel, Eberhard & Co, Fabergé and Grönefeld, were also honoured by this year’s jury.
Jointly hosted by Frédéric Beigbeder and Gaspard Proust and broadcast live on various media for watch aficionados around the world, the ceremony convened 1,300 guests – representing influential players in the watchmaking, political and economic arenas – to celebrate the quest for excellence, creativity and passion that drives the watch industry.
- “Aiguille d’Or” Grand Prix: Ferdinand Berthoud, Chronomètre Ferdinand Berthoud FB 1;
- Ladies’ Watch Prize: Piaget, Limelight Gala Milanese Bracelet;
- Ladies’ High-Mech Prize: Girard-Perregaux, Cat’s Eye Tourbillon with Gold Bridge;
- Men’s Watch Prize: Grönefeld, 1941 Remontoire;
- Chronograph Watch Prize: Montblanc, 1858 Chronograph Tachymeter Limited Edition;
- Tourbillon Watch Prize: Girard-Perregaux, La Esmeralda Tourbillon;
- Calendar Watch Prize: MB&F, Legacy Machine Perpetual;
- Travel Time Watch Prize: Fabergé, Fabergé Visionnaire DTZ;
- Mechanical Exception Prize: Audemars Piguet, Royal Oak Concept Supersonnerie;
- Sports Watch Prize: Eberhard & Co, Scafograf 300;
- Jewellery Watch Prize: Chanel, Secret Watch “Signature Grenat”;
- Artistic Crafts Watch Prize: Piaget, Protocole XXL “Secrets & Lights” Venice; Micro-Mosaic;
- “Revival” Watch Prize: TAG Heuer, Heuer Monza Chronographe;