Watchmaking excellence and creativity were celebrated on Thursday October 29th in the Grand Théâtre de Genève at the prize-giving ceremony for the 15th Grand Prix d’Horlogerie (GPHG).
Created in 2001 as an annual salute to the excellence of international horological creations, the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève contributes to
spreading the reputation of this art and its values around the world.
The international jury of this 15th edition of the GPHG, uniting the skills and competence of 26 authoritative watch experts and collectors, awarded 17 prizes and decided to grant the supreme distinction, the “Aiguille d’Or” Grand Prix, to Greubel Forsey for the model Tourbillon 24 Secondes Vision.
2015 PRIZE LIST:
- “Aiguille d’Or” Grand Prix: Greubel Forsey, Tourbillon 24 Secondes Vision;
- Ladies’ Watch Prize: Hublot, Big Bang Broderie;
- Ladies’ High-Mech Watch Prize: Fabergé, Lady Compliquée Peacock;
- Men’s Watch Prize: Voutilainen, Voutilainen GMR;
- Chronograph Watch Prize: Piaget, Altiplano Chrono;
- Tourbillon Watch Prize: Ulysse Nardin, Ulysse Anchor Tourbillon;
- Calendar Watch Prize: Hermès, Slim d’Hermès QP;
- Striking Watch Prize: Girard-Perregaux, Minute Repeater Tourbillon with Gold
- Mechanical Exception Watch Prize: Jaquet Droz, The Charming Bird;
- “Petite Aiguille” Prize: Habring2, Felix;
- Sports Watch Prize: Tudor, Pelagos;
- Jewellery Watch Prize: Audemars Piguet, Diamond Punk;
- Artistic Crafts Watch Prize: Blancpain, Villeret, cadran Shakudō;
- Revival Watch Prize: Piaget, Extremely Piaget Double Sided Cuff Watch;
- Innovation Watch Prize: Antoine Preziuso, Tourbillon of Tourbillons;
- “Horological Revelation” Prize: Laurent Ferrier, Galet Square.
Special Jury Prize: Micke Pintus, Yannick Pintus, Jean-Luc Perrin. The three Vacheron Constantin watchmakers who developed the Reference 57260 watch.
In addition, voting via the Internet and at the exhibitions resulted in the awarding of the Public Prize: Antoine Preziuso, Tourbillon of Tourbillons.