Chopard took home the overall grand prize and the top prize for the year’s best jewelry watch at the 2017 Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève ceremony. The GPHG 2017 ceremony was held at the Théâtre du Léman in Geneva, reuniting more that 1500 invitees and awarding 15 horological creations of the year.
The prize-winners of the 17th Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève (GPHG) were revealed this Wednesday November 8th on the stage of Geneva’s Théâtre du Léman. Watchmaking excellence, innovation and expertise were saluted by an international jury that handed out 16 prizes and awarded the “Aiguille d’Or” Grand Prix to Chopard for the L.U.C Full Strike Watch.
The Zenith, Vacheron Constantin, Van Cleef & Arpels, Voutilainen, Ulysse Nardin, Tudor, Parmigiani, Longines, Greubel Forsey, Chanel and Bvlgari brands were also rewarded at this 17th prize-giving ceremony, presented by Edouard Baer and Lauriane Gilliéron.
“Bulgari was also a double winner, taking the prize for the best men’s watch with the Octo Finissimo Automatic, and the Tourbillon prize for the Octo Finissimo Tourbillon Skeleton, the world’s thinnest tourbillon,” wrote Forbes.
GPHG 2017 Geneva exhibition “Genève Cité horlogère” offered plenty of activities including watchmaking classes & conferences, virtual reality devices proposed by GPHG partners Musées d’Art Et d’Histoire de Genève & Fondation de la Haute Horlogerie , Art Works by Haute école d’Art et de Design – Genève students and most of all the GPHG 2017 watches exhibited.
- “Aiguille d’Or” Prize List: Chopard, L.U.C Full Strike watch;
- Innovation Prize: Zenith, Defy Lab watch;
- “Revival” Prize: Longines, The Longines Avigation BigEye watch;
- Ladies’ Watch Prize: Chanel, Première Camélia Skeleton luxury watch;
- Men’s Watch Prize: Bvlgari, Octo Finissimo Automatic watch;
- “Petite Aiguille” Watch Prize: Tudor, Black Bay Chrono watch;
- Ladies’ High-Mech Watch Prize: Van Cleef & Arpels, Lady Arpels Papillon Automate watch;
- Chronograph Watch Prize: Parmigiani Fleurier, Tonda Chronor Anniversaire watch;
- Tourbillon and Escapement Watch Prize: Bvlgari, Octo Finissimo Tourbillon Skeleton watch;
- Calendar Watch Prize: Greubel Forsey, QP à Équation watch;
- Sports Watch Prize: Ulysse Nardin, Marine Regatta watch;
- Jewellery Watch Prize: Chopard, Lotus Blanc Watch watch;
- Artistic Crafts Watch Prize: Voutilainen, Aki-No-Kure watch;
- Travel Time Watch Prize: Parmigiani Fleurier, Toric Hemisphères Rétrograde watch ;
- Mechanical Exception Watch Prize: Vacheron Constantin, Les Cabinotiers Celestia Astronomical Grand Complication 3600.
- Special Jury Prize: Suzanne Rohr and Anita Porchet.