“These are the current cream of the brands, builders, yacht clubs, marinas, and associated companies and people who directly affect the continued rapid growth in the popularity of boating across the region.” – Andrew Dembina, Editor-in-Chief of Asia-Pacific Boating magazine.
The 15th Asia Boating Awards organised by Asia-Pacific Boating magazine were presented during a luxurious gala at Capitol Theatre, Singapore ahead of the Singapore Yacht Show at ONE°15 Marina on Sentosa Island.
The prestigious annual Asia Boating Awards were presented in 25 categories, showcasing Asian builders and international brands, as well as Asian regattas and marinas. The list of nominees came from online polling of Asia-Pacific Boating readers, with the winners determined by a panel of judges selected for their expertise, as well as their ability to make informed and impartial decisions.
Simpson Marine (Hong Kong, China) won “Best Asia-Based Yacht Brokerage” title. The “Best Brand Presence in China” was claimed by Beneteau, but the “Best Brand Presence in Asia” prize went to Azimut Yachts.
If you wonder where is “The Best Asian Marina 2019”, Singapore is the place to visit. ONE°15 Marina Sentosa Cove (Singapore) claimed the trophy in this category.
M/Y “Spectre” won the Best Custom-Built Yacht category. “Spectre” motor yacht scored this success with her innovative technology and remarkable performance, achieving the perfect balance between sportiness, efficiency, and comfort on the back of a total 750,000 hours of work.
Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club (Hong Kong, China) emerged was crowned The Best Asian Yacht Club of 2019, while China Coast Regatta (Hong Kong, China) was awarded Best Asian Regatta trophy.
The winners of the Asia Boating Awards 2019 are:
- Best Asian Yacht Builder:
Horizon Yachts (Taiwan, China);
- Best Asian-Built Yacht:
Aquila 32 (China);
- Best Asian Marina 2019:
ONE°15 Marina Sentosa Cove (Singapore);
- Best Asian Yacht Club:
Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club (Hong Kong, China);
- Best Asian Regatta:
China Coast Regatta (Hong Kong, China);
- Best Asia-Based Yacht Brokerage:
Simpson Marine (Hong Kong, China);
- Best Brand Presence in China:
- Best Yachting Brand Presence in Asia:
- Best Custom-Built Yacht:
Benetti Spectre (Italy);
- Best Semi-Custom-Built Yacht (above 120ft):
Amels Volpini 2 (Netherlands);
- Best Sportscruiser (up to 55ft):
Prestige 520S (France);
- Best Sportscruiser (above 55ft):
Sunseeker 74 Sport Yacht (United Kingdom);
- Best Flybridge Yacht (up to 55ft):
Absolute Navetta 48 (Italy);
- Best Flybridge Yacht (above 55ft to 80ft):
MCY 70 (Italy);
- Best Flybridge Yacht (above 80ft to 110ft):
Riva 110 Dolcevita (Italy);
- Best Flybridge Yacht (above 110ft):
Custom Line 120 (Italy);
- Best Explorer Yacht:
Sanlorenzo 500EXP (Italy);
- Best Recreational Boat (up to 45ft):
Fjord 44 Coupe (Germany);
- Best Multihull Motor Yacht (up to 50ft):
Fountaine Pajot MY 40 (France);
- Best Multihull Motor Yacht (above 50ft):
Moana 56 (China);
- Best Multihull Sailing Yacht:
Lagoon 46 (France);
- Best Monohull Sailing Yacht (up to 55ft):
Solaris 47 (Italy);
- Best Monohull Sailing Yacht (above 55ft):
CNB 66 (France);
- Best Yacht Design Innovation:
Princess R35 (United Kingdom);
- Best Contribution to the Asian Marina Industry: Arthur Tay.