The 2020 prize list of the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève (GPHG) was unveiled on Thursday November 12 at the 20th GPHG awards ceremony, a poetic digital show masterfully hosted by actor Edouard Baer.
Watchmaking excellence and vitality were saluted by the Jury and the new GPHG Academy, which handed out 19 prizes and awarded the “Aiguille d’Or” Grand Prix to Piaget for the Altiplano Ultimate Concept watch.
The Bovet 1822, Bulgari, Breitling, Charles Girardier, Chronométrie Ferdinand Berthoud, H. Moser & Cie, Greubel Forsey, Parmigiani Fleurier, Petermann Bédat, Tudor, Van Cleef & Arpels, Vacheron Constantin and Voutilainen brands were also rewarded for their expertise and creativity with one of the prestigious awards.
The Special Jury Prize, which honours an influential player on the watchmaking scene, was awarded to Antoine Simonin, watchmaker, teacher, editor as well as former director of the WOSTEP Foundation.
Created in 2001 and overseen since 2011 by a Foundation recognised as a public interest organisation, the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève (GPHG) has been pursuing for 20 years its mission to celebrate and promote the watchmaking art worldwide. The International Academy of the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève (GPHG) – encompassing 350 significant stakeholders in various watchmaking-related sectors around the world – was created at the start of 2020. See also the 2019 GPHG winners.
Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève 2020 PRIZE LIST:
- “Aiguille d’Or” Grand Prix: Piaget Altiplano Ultimate Concept;
- Ladies’ Watch Prize: Bovet 1822, Miss Audrey;
- Ladies’ Complication Watch Prize: Charles Girardier, Tourbillon Signature Mystérieuse “fleur de sel”;
- Men’s Watch Prize: Voutilainen, 28SC;
- Men’s Complication Watch Prize: Greubel Forsey, Hand Made 1;
- Iconic Watch Prize: Bulgari, Aluminium Chronograph;
- Chronometry Watch Prize: Chronométrie Ferdinand Berthoud, FB 2RE.2;
- Calendar and Astronomy Watch Prize: Vacheron Constantin, Overseas Perpetual Calendar Ultra-Thin Skeleton;
- Mechanical Exception Prize: Bovet 1822, Récital 26 Brainstorm Chapter 2;
- Chronograph Watch Prize: H. Moser & Cie, Streamliner Flyback Chronograph Automatic;
- Diver’s Watch Prize: Breitling, Superocean Automatic 48 Boutique Edition;
- Jewellery Watch Prize: Van Cleef & Arpels, Frivole Secrète watch;
- Artistic Crafts Watch Prize: Van Cleef & Arpels, Lady Arpels Soleil Féerique
- “Petite Aiguille” Prize: Breitling, Superocean Heritage ’57 Limited Edition II;
- Challenge Watch Prize: Tudor, Black Bay Fifty-Eight;
- Innovation Prize: Parmigiani Fleurier, Hijri Perpetual Calendar;
- Audacity Prize: H. Moser & Cie, Endeavour Cylindrical Tourbillon H. Moser X MB&F;
- Horological Revelation Prize: Petermann Bédat, Dead beat second;
- Special Jury Prize: Antoine Simonin, watchmaker, teacher, editor and former director of the WOSTEP Foundation.