New Parmigiani Fleurier Tourbillon Inspired by Woodstock, guitars and rock and roll
Swiss luxury watch brand Parmigiani Fleurier is paying homage to the two most influential countries in the history of rock and roll. At this year SIHH 2013, the watch manufacture presented two versions of the iconic Tonda Tourbillon. The first new music-themed timepiece is Parmigiani Tonda Woodstock (the American version), named after the legendary music festival that took place in the US in 1968. The watch is Parmigiani Fleurier’s first venture into wood marquetry. The British version, called Tonda Woodrock, is decorated with the Union Jack. The both watches feature a wooden dial boasting a Gibson guitar, the instrument with natural links to wood marquetry.
Each marquetry dial is the result of 10 days’ work and comprises more than fifty pieces of dyed wood. These have been designed, cut and then assembled with such meticulous care that the resulting dial appears perfectly flat to the naked eye.
Both watches are exclusive to London’s Harrods priced at €243,362.
- Model: Tonda Woodstock.
- Movement: PF 510 hand-wound.
- Functions: Hours, Minutes, Central second, One week power reserve indication, Tourbillon.
- Exterior: 3-part round case: Ø 42 mm.
- Thickness: 11.5 mm.
- Material: 18 ct rose gold. Polished finish.
- Water resistance: 30 m.
- Anti-reflective sapphire crystal.
- Bezel engraved “Gibson motif”
- Crown: Ø 7 mm.
- Sapphire crystal case-back.
- Individual number, “MODELE UNIQUE” , “MJF” and “USA” engraved on the case-back.
- Dial: Special dial with Gibson motif in wood marquetry.
- Leather: Hermès alligator strap with folding buckle, polished finish.