An Illuminating Tender: The ‘Mini-Ilumen’ luxury boat will offer innovative Ilumen elements in a mini format.
This unique day cruiser features the distinctive features of a Dominator Ilumen yacht. The boat was created for
superyacht owners to reach their yachts or their destination of choice in true style. The idea was to make a Ilumen in miniature.
Bespoke and made to measure from beginning to end, these magnificent yachts are the ultimate expression of lifestyle and luxury.
From idea to sketch over night: being a boutique Builder, Dominator Yachts combines young, agile and innovative
traits with longstanding experience in yacht building to implement tailor-made wishes that cannot be found
‘anywhere on the shelf’.
The ‘Mini-Ilumen’ tender will offer certain innovative Ilumen elements in a mini format: comfort and lighter weight than mass-market tenders in the same size range, the “Mini-Ilumen” will have a High Performance Hull designed to
have great resistance values.
The bold, sleek design with an unusual wraparound windshield and open stern is expected to run 46kn top speed.
With a cruise speed of 25kn, the day boat will achieve a range of almost 300 nm.
The 28M Ilumen M/Y Zalanka is the Winner of 2020 BOAT International Design & Innovation Award
The 28M Ilumen M/Y Zalanka is winner of the BOAT International Design & Innovation Award 2020 in the category Best Naval Architecture Semi-Displacement / Planing Motor Yacht.
“The entries represent the breadth of the market and from year to year the quality just goes from strength to strength,” said Co-Chair of the Panel Marilyn Mower, Editor-at-Large for BOAT International. “It’s a showcase of the recent development of the superyacht industry in the microcosm.”
This well-respected award is considered to be the most difficult distinction to achieve in the superyacht industry. Often being compared with the Oscars, the BOAT International Design & Innovation Award recognised Dominator Yachts for the very first time in its 20 year company history for the Ilumen naval architecture and design: A motor yacht that combines efficient hydrodynamics with elegance in a hull that properly meets its intended purpose, particularly in respect of performance, seaworthiness, range and economy.
Ilumen 28M – Awarded Naval Architecture
The awarded naval architecture of every Dominator Ilumen comes with the following USPs and advantages, amongst others:
– High-Tech Carbon-Epoxy-Construction: 350% more strength and safety than metal or classic monolithic composite.
– Sandwich construction allows 30% more acoustic and thermal insulation.
– Engineering & Safety: highly advanced structural layout with an extensive use of carbon fiber, sandwich and vacuum infusion technology, which makes a crucial safety difference in case of grounding.
– High Performance Hull: Particular hard-chine hull with a blade bulbous bow, and unprecedented resistance values.
– The epoxy resin, the complete epoxy filler cycle, usually only used in expensive light-weight race boats, and the application of a megayacht painting system is incomparable to the gelcoat used in same-size yachts.
– Bespoke, made-to-measure: Fully customized and built around the personality and tastes of its owner.
– Double bottom with structural fuel tanks: Low barycenter and enhanced stability, safety and performance.
– Ilumen 28M: Integrating an interior volume of 30M on a pleasure craft registered under 24M!
– Joining an unprecedented ceiling height of 2,20m with a stable and robust hull.
– Megayacht features on a vessel with a very low draft (1,7m) to access undiscovered waters and bays.