GERMANY ON THE SEARCH FOR THE BEST CUSTOM BIKE.
Second edition of the BMW Motorrad Customising Contest.
Just like last year, BMW Motorrad Germany has once again initiated a major customising competition. While the extremely successful 2021 contest focused on spectacular conversions of the iconic R18 cruiser, this year’s customising contest will also focus on the R nineT roadster legend. A total of 13 stunning conversions – eight BMW R 18s and five BMW R nineTs show what you can achieve when you customise the two style-defining models of the BMW Motorrad Heritage Experience World.
The BMW Motorrad partners were:
- ahg Autohandelsgesellschaft mbH Eningen
- Auer Gruppe GmbH, Auer Biker Village Stockach-Zizenhausen;
- Becker & Tiemann Motorrad Lage
- Cloppenburg GmbH Erfurt
- Klaus Mayer GmbH & Co. KG Mannheim
- Motorbike Bögel GmbH Ibbenbüren
- Motorbike Guhs e.K. Schwarzenbach an der Saale
- Motorradzentrum Helmig & Sohn Wietmarschen;
- Motorrad Huber GmbH Unterreit;
- Procar Automobile GmbH & Co. KG Cologne;
- Motorrad Witzel Sennfeld;
- Zweiradwerke Vertriebs GmbH Rosenheim.
The BMW Motorrad partners each had three months to design and build their own personal vision of the R nineT or the R 18. 13 great-looking soul-fuel bikes were built – from the oldschool heritage bike with Springer forks based on the BMW R 18 to the highly dynamic sports bike based on the BMW R nineT. No limits were set on creativity, only to the time available. The conversion had to be completed within three months.