Among the most reliable ever made, Ulysse Nardin’s marine chronometers are still sought by collectors around the world.
This Fall, the Haute Horlogerie brand introduced Original Marine Chronometer series, created exclusively for Ulysse Nardin Boutiques and limited to 99 pieces. This select Marine Chronometer collection pays tribute to Ulysse Nardin’s seafaring past and the brand’s pioneering DNA.
The intense blackness of this luxury watch is also scratch-resistant. When the luxury manufacture designed the Original Marine Chronometer, it had in mind our health and safety. The new limited edition features a 45-mm “Blaktop” coated stainless-steel case with a special treatment which protects wearers from possible allergic reactions to metal. A layer made from amorphous carbon, the high-tech coating provides additional hardness for lasting durability.
“A self-winding base caliber conceived and executed entirely inhouse,the caliber is a symbol of the manufacturer’s revolutionary nature,”says Ulysse Nardin about the UN-118 caliber powering the wristwatch.
Last month, Kering luxury group announced that it has completed the acquisition of Ulysse Nardin, in accordance with the terms announced on 30 July, 2014, after having received clearance from the antitrust authorities.
Marine Chronometer Series Limited Edition to 99 timepieces. Technical Data:
- Movement Caliber UN-118, 13 ¾‘’’;
- In-house designed movement;
- Escapement, patented DIAMonSIL;
- Oscillator: patented inertial balance wheel I 10 with silicium hairspring 50 jewels
- Power-Reserve Approximately 60 h;
- Winding Self-winding;
- Functions Chronometer COSC with power reserve indicator at 12 o’clock;
- Small direct seconds and round date window at 6 o’clock;
- Forward and backward date corrector;
- Case Stainless steel with “Blaktop” coating;
- Crown Screw-down security crown covered with rubber;
- Diameter 45 mm;
- Water-Resistance 200 m;
- Crystal Anti-reflective sapphire crystal;
- Case-Back Open case back with sapphire crystal;
- Bracelet Rubber strap with “Blaktop” coated titanium elements and folding buckle.