Classic Antarctica with Special Guest Geoffrey Kent: 50th anniversary for Abercrombie & Kent
Abercrombie & Kent, the world’s leading travel company, is celebrating its 50th anniversary. Founder, Chairman, and CEO Geoffrey Kent is marking this milestone by traveling back to the white continent after 20 years, on Abercrombie & Kent’s Classic Antarctica cruise and therefore visiting all seven continents during the Anniversary year. He will join A&K guests on board of eco-friendly ‘Le Boreal’ November 27 – December 10, 2012 to commemorate a special time for Abercrombie & Kent.
Kent is eager to create new memories with A&K passengers on ‘Le Boreal‘ and will be hosting a cocktail reception for guests to celebrate, where he will share stories about exploring some of the world’s most remote and challenging destinations over the past 50 years. Born in Kenya, he joined his parents in founding Abercrombie & Kent as a luxury safari outfitter with the philosophy of “shoot with a camera not with a gun.” With the innate skill of a consummate businessman and the relentless curiosity of a born explorer, Kent created a company that enables travelers to literally discover the world around them – and to do it in a uniquely stylish manner. To this day, he continues to travel the world in search of the kinds of adventures that will surprise and thrill his guests.
Classic Antarctica with Special Guest Geoffrey Kent / November 27-December 10, 2012
A quintessential two-week voyage scheduled during the early Austral Summer, the ideal time of year to see Antarctica at its most pristine – with dramatic sunrises and sunsets, massive glaciers and the ice pack beginning to break up. This is the most active time of year in penguin rookeries, with nest building in full swing and early chicks hatching. Highlights of this celebratory cruise include:
– Cruise on board MV ‘Le Boreal,’ the only all-balcony vessel in Antarctica when chartered by A&K
– Sail with A&K’s pioneering founder, chairman and CEO Geoffrey Kent — a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity
– Discover some of the world’s rarest wildlife and terrain on shore excursions with expert naturalist guides
– Gain a deeper understanding of the region with enriching lectures by award-winning experts, some of the most seasoned researchers working in Antarctica
– Professional photographer and coach Richard Harker shares practical tips on how to capture the beauty of the dramatic scenery and extraordinary wildlife
– Fourteen days from $10,995 per person, double occupancy.