Launched in 2015 as the sister event to World Travel Awards, World Spa Awards aims to drive up standards in spa and wellness tourism and foster growth by rewarding the leading organisations in their respective fields.
The winners of the 7th annual World Spa Awards.
2021 World Spa Awards – the global initiative to celebrate and reward excellence in the spa and wellness sector – has announced the winners of its 2021 programme. The announcement follows a year-long search for the world’s top spa and wellness brands. Votes were cast by industry professionals, the media and the general public.
High-end brands to lift top honours include Six Senses (‘World’s Best Wellness Retreat Brand’), Iridium Spas at St. Regis Hotels & Resorts (‘World’s Best Hotel Spa Brand’) and Croatia’s Hotel Bellevue (‘World’s Best Hotel Spa’). With its unrivalled pampering facilities, Zürich’s The Dolder Grand was voted ‘World’s Best Day Spa’ and Chenot Palace Weggis, on the shores of Lake Lucerne, collected ‘World’s Best Detox Programme’.
Destination winners include Dubai, with its array of both traditional and leading-edge spa treatments, named ‘World’s Best Spa Destination’, and Italy, crowned ‘World’s Best Wellness Destination’.
Four Seasons Resort Dubai at Jumeirah Beach claimed ‘World’s Best Resort Spa’ and Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi was declared ‘World’s Best Private Island Spa’.
In the newcomer categories, Mandarin Oriental Ritz, Madrid picked up the coveted ‘World’s Best New Hotel Spa’ title; Chenot Spa at One&Only Desaru Coast, Malaysia was acknowledged as ‘World’s Best New Resort Spa’; and Italy gained further honours with Palazzo Fiuggi winning ‘World’s Best New Wellness Retreat’.
Rebecca Cohen, Managing Director, World Spa Awards, said: “Our industry is enjoying a significant increase in bookings, driven by guests seeking out authentic wellness experiences to match their lifestyle choices. Our World Spa Awards 2021 winners represent the brands breaking new ground through innovation and their incredible drive to do things better. My congratulations to each of them.”
In the country categories, Spa Diane Barrière in Alsace’s delightful Resort Barrière Ribeauvillé emerged victorious as ‘France’s Best Resort Spa’. Other winners included GoldenEye (‘Jamaica’s Best Resort Spa’); Clinique La Prairie Aesthetics & Medical Spa at The St. Regis Bangkok (‘Asia’s Best Day Spa’); The Londolozi Healing House, South Africa (‘Africa’s Best Safari Spa’); Hotel Post Bezau by Susanne Kaufmann (‘Austria’s Best Wellness Retreat’); Zulal Wellness Resort (‘Qatar’s Best Wellness Retreat’); Miraval Arizona (‘Arizona’s Best Wellness Retreat’).’
Someo of the winners of the 7th annual World Spa Awards in the “World” category:
- World’s Best Hotel Spa 2021: SPA Clinic at Hotel Bellevue (Croatia);
- World’s Best Resort Spa 2021: The Pearl Spa at Four Seasons Resort Dubai at Jumeirah Beach (UAE);
- World’s Best Wellness Retreat 2021: Mriya Resort & Spa (Russia);
- World’s Best Day Spa 2021: Dolder Grand Spa at The Dolder Grand (Switzerland);
- World’s Best Spa Destination 2021: Dubai;
- World’s Best Airline Lounge Spa 2021: Emirates Timeless Spa;
- World’s Best Aromatherapy Brand 2021: Aromatherapy Associates;
- World’s Best Beauty Salon 2021: Kosmetikinstitut Aurora Innsbruck (Austria);
- World’s Best Casino Hotel Spa 2021: Banyan Tree Spa Marina Bay Sands (Singapore);
- World’s Best City Resort Spa 2021: The Spa at Mandarin Oriental Jumeira Dubai (UAE);
- World’s Best Country House Hotel Spa 2021: Spa Saint-Martin by La Prairie at Chateau Saint-Martin (France);
- World’s Best Cruise Spa 2021: SPA & Meer at TUI Cruises;
- World’s Best Desert Spa 2021: Anantara Spa at Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara (UAE);
- World’s Best Detox Programme 2021: Chenot Advanced Detox Programme at Chenot Palace Weggis (Switzerland);
- World’s Best Eco Spa 2021: Amuna Ayurveda Retreat (Sri Lanka);
- World’s Best Female Spa 2021:Al Faisaliah Spa by ESPA at Al Faisaliah Hotel Riyadh (Saudi Arabia);
- World’s Best Hammam Spa 2021: The Hammam at The Spa at Royal Mansour (Morocco);
- World’s Best Hotel Spa Brand 2021: Iridium Spas at St. Regis Hotels & Resorts;
- World’s Best Hotel Spa Suites 2021: Spa Suites at Address Downtown Dubai (UAE);
- World’s Best Male Grooming Salon Brand 2021: 1847 Dubai (UAE);
- World’s Best Male Spa 2021: The Ritz-Carlton Spa at The Ritz-Carlton Riyadh (Saudi Arabia);
- World’s Best Medical Spa 2021: Lanserhof Tegernsee (Germany);
- World’s Best Mineral & Hot Springs Spa 2021: St. Martins Therme & Lodge (Austria);
- World’s Best Nail Studio Brand 2021: PEDI:MANI:CURE Studio by Bastien Gonzalez;
- World’s Best New Hotel Spa 2021: The Spa at Mandarin Oriental Ritz, Madrid (Spain);
- World’s Best New Resort Spa 2021: Chenot Spa at One&Only Desaru Coast (Malaysia);
- World’s Best New Wellness Retreat 2021: Palazzo Fiuggi (Italy);
- World’s Best Private Island Spa 2021: Waldorf Astoria Spa Maldives Ithaafushi;
- World’s Best Private Members Club Spa 2021: Lanserhof at The Arts Club (United Kingdom);
- World’s Best Private Spa Villas 2021: The Private Spa at Geinberg5 Private Spa & Villas (Austria);
- World’s Best Spa & Wellness Tour Operator 2021: Escape To Shape (United States);
- World’s Best Spa Brand 2021: Natura Bissé;
- World’s Best Spa Design 2021: Six Senses Spa Zil Pasyon (Seychelles);
- World’s Best Spa Service Excellence 2021: The Iridium Spa at The St. Regis Langkawi (Malaysia);
- World’s Best Spa Signature Treatment 2021: Golden Quartz Treatment at VILA VITA Spa by Sisley at VILA VITA Parc (Portugal);
- World’s Best Thermal Grotto Spa 2021: Grotta Giusti (Italy);
- World’s Best Thermal Spa & Medical Wellness Operator 2021:VAMED Vitality World;
- World’s Best Wellness App 2021: Headspace;
- World’s Best Wellness Clinic 2021: Buchinger Wilhelmi Lake Constance (Germany);
- World’s Best Wellness Destination 2021: Italy;
- World’s Best Wellness Retreat Brand 2021: Six Senses;
- World’s Best Wellness Travel Agency 2021: Vacayou Wellness Travel.