BMW and Husqvarna Motorcycles launch TR 650 Strada and TR 650 Terra
Two powerful characters for on-road and off-road riding
Husqvarna Motorcycles, the oldest motorcycles in the world with an uninterrupted production record, extends
its program of highly agile, dynamic single-cylinder motorcycles by adding two attractive new machines – Husqvarna TR 650 Strada and TR 650 Terra.
Husqvarna re-entered the road bike segment in 2011 with the presentation of the Husqvarna Nuda 900 and Husqvarna Nuda 900 R models. These models, developed in collaboration with BMW Motorrad, likewise display Husqvarna’s typical pure, athletic and dynamic styling. The brand most recently provided a look ahead to further extension of the model range with the Husqvarna Concept MOAB, Husqvarna Concept Strada and Husqvarna Concept BAJA studies.
With the new Husqvarna TR 650 Strada and TR 650 Terra, Husqvarna Motorcycles continues its model offensive that began last year with the successful launch of its road models.
An overview of the key features of the new BMW and Husqvarna TR 650 Strada and TR 650 Terra:
- Powerful, high-revving single-cylinder engine with a 652 cc capacity.
- Output 43 kW (58 hp) at 7,250 rpm and maximum torque of 60 Nm at 5,750 rpm.
- Output version 35 kW (48 hp) at 7,250 rpm and maximum torque of
- 54 Nm at 5,750 rpm as an ex works option for those countries offering graduated licences.
- TR 650 Strada, unladen weight: 168 kg (370.37 lbs) / weight fully fuelled: 186 kg (410.06 lbs). (US-Version:
- 374.78 lbs / 414.47 lbs)
- TR 650 Terra, unladen weight: 166 kg (365.96 lbs) / weight fully fuelled: 184 kg (405.65 lbs). (US-Version n.a.)
- TR 650 Terra without ABS, unladen weight: 165 kg (363,76 lbs) / weight fully fuelled: 183 kg (403.44 lbs). (US-Version: 368.17 lbs / 410.06 lbs)
- Handling-oriented, robust chassis concept with split-backbone frame and swing arm made of steel as well as telescopic fork and rear shock with linkage (suspension travel at front and rear 190 mm / 7.5”).
- Light alloy cast wheels in finely wrought 10-spoke design for the TR 650 Strada and characteristic off-road spoke wheels with light-alloy rims and hubs for the TR650 Terra.
- Highly stable brake system with single disc brake front and rear and ABS (as standard in the TR 650 Strada, ex works option for the TR 650 Terra).
- Masculine design with dynamically-shaped body panels.
- Fuel tank placed to optimise centre of gravity for enhanced handling.
- Options and special accessories: ABS (TR 650 Terra only), power reduction to 35 kW (48 hp), windshield, hand protectors, low seat, engine guard, heated grips, alarm system, rear softbag, topcase, side pannier.
Husqvarna was originally founded in Sweden and has been part of the BMW Group since 2007. Since this time, the innovative technological capabilities of Husqvarna Motorcycles have been dynamically strengthened, and on a lasting basis, through its alliance with BMW Motorrad.