The World’s Most Expensive Superyachts And The Billionaires Who Own Them.
With the Monaco Yacht Show taking place at the end of September, Wealth-X released a top 10 list of the world’s most expensive superyachts and the names of the billionaires who own them.
Valued at US$1 billion, Eclipse owned by Russian businessman Roman Abramovich tops the Wealth-X list. The 536-foot-long yacht was launched in 2010 – and until last year had the distinction of being the world’s longest superyacht. It was eclipsed in size by Azzam, the 590-foot-long yacht owned by Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed al-Nayan, president of the United Arab Emirates and the ruler of Abu Dhabi. Azzam sailed into second place on the Wealth-X list, with a US$600 million price tag.
Landing in third spot on the Wealth-X list is Topaz, the 482-foot-long yacht valued at US $520 million and owned by Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, who is another member of the Abu Dhabi royal family. Launched in 2012, Topaz was built in the same shipyard as Azzam in Bremen, Germany by Lurssen Yachts.
The list is dominated by Middle Eastern billionaires – with six out of 10 yachts owned by magnates from United Arab Emirates, Qatar and Oman – while only three vessels owned by Russian billionaires appear on the list. Only one American billionaire’s yacht made the list: entertainment industry tycoon David Geffen’s Pelorus, which is valued at US$300 million.
Top 10 most expensive yachts in the world and their owners:
1. “Eclipse” yacht/ Price: 1,000 US$ million; Yacht Owner: Roman Abramovich; Net Worth: 12.6US$ billion;
2. “Azzam” yacht; 600 US$ million; Yacht Owner: Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan; Net Worth: 18.2 US$ billion;
3. “Topaz” yacht. Price: 520 US$ million; Owner: Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan. Net Worth: 8.7US$ billion
4. “A” yacht. Price: 390 US$ million. Owner: Andrey Melnichenko. Net Worth: 12.5US$ billion;
5. “Serene” yacht; Price: 330 US$ million; Owner: Yuri Scheffler; Net Worth: 1.2US$ billion;
6. “Radiant” yacht; Price: 320 US$ million; Abdulla Hamad Al Futtaim; Net Worth: 4.9 US$ billion;
7. “Dubai” yacht; Price:330 US$ million; Owner: Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum; Net Worth: 17.7US$ billion;
8. “Al Said” yacht; Price: 330 US$ million; Owner: Qaboos Bin Said Al Said; Net Worth: 1.7US$ billion;
9. “Pelorus” yacht; Price: 330 US$ million; Owner: David Geffen; Net Worth: 6.3US$ billion;
10. “Al Mirqab” yacht; Price: 250 US$ million; Owner: Hamad Bin Jassim Bin Jabr Bin Muhammad Al Thani; Net Worth: 4.7US$ billion;