For the 54th year, the “Yachting Capital of the World” will host the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show (FLIBS), the largest in-water boat show in the world, from October 31- November 4, 2013. Attracting an international audience of hundreds of thousands of marine enthusiasts, the show covers six locations with more than 3 million square feet of space. From astonishing superyachts to fishing boats, runabouts and boats for every budget, the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show delivers the excitement of boating, for any lifestyle.
The show’s hottest new attraction is the megayacht venue, SeaFair, a 228-foot custom yacht housing an art exhibit, fine jewelry, a restaurant and bar, the AIM Pavilion, and VIP lounges.
Located dockside at the Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel and Marina, SeaFair is specially designed to provide a club-like environment where guests can meet to relax or conduct business.
At the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center show location, the new Sailfish Pavilion will engage guests with displays inside and out, including the Miss Geico offshore racing boat, a fishing pond, a new bar and food trucks.
Other exhibits that are sure to attract lots of attention include a personal submarine, a flying car, and an exotic auto display.Here are the Top things to see and do at this year’s show:
- See everything the marine industry has to offer with similar products and boats conveniently grouped in categories such as high performance and sportfishing. CruiserPort features the world’s best selection of long range cruisers and related seminars. The Superyacht Experience features the world’s largest collection of superyacht builders of yachts over 40 meters.
– New to the show this year, The Club at Seafair, a unique 228-foot exhibition megayacht, will offer fine art, jewelry, and design for yacht
and home in a luxurious club-like atmosphere, including a 120 seat restaurant and cocktail lounges with panoramic views of the boat show.
– The new Sailfish Pavilion is more than 90,000 square feet of additional space located outside the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center featuring boats ranging from 15 to 40 feet and an extraordinary selection of marine accessories, including the new Florida Sportsman pond with daily fishing demonstrations and the new LandShark Bar with a grilled food menu.
- Check out the yacht toys – SEABOB underwater scooters; Quadski amphibious ATVs; JetLev (flying jet packs); JetSurf and WaveJet (motorized surfboards); Sealegs (amphibious boat)
– Enjoy refreshments and cocktails on one of the show’s world-famous floating cocktail lounges, including Guzzlers presented by Budweiser, the Superyacht Lounge presented by Palm Harbor Marina and the Gosling’s Rum Dark & Stormy Island Bar. Enjoy live musical entertainment, kick back and relax
- Learn from top pros from the International Game Fish Association’s School of Sportfishing and The Blue Wild at one of the free fishing and boating seminars at the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center and enjoy workshops for adults and children of all ages, including Hook The Future kids fishing clinics.
- Go by boat. Enjoy the City’s waterways with a free riverboat ride down the New River to the show from Downtown Fort Lauderdale’s Riverfront complex. Attendees can also ride the Water Taxi for $10 per day to any of the show’s six locations while touring Fort Lauderdale from the water. Boat show headquarters are at the Bahia Mar Hotel & Yachting Center, with additional exhibits at the Hall of Fame Marina, Las Olas Municipal Marina, Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, Sails Marina, and the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center.
- Go shopping for every marine accessory and gift in one of the show’s six clearspan tents ranging in size from 20,000 to 70,000 square feet of air conditioned comfort.
- Fireworks – enjoy a spectacular fireworks display launched from the rooftop of the Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach – a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel on Thursday, opening night of the show at 7 p.m.