At Eudon Choi, imperfection was encouraged. Eyeliner was jaggedy and bonkers, inspired by the idea of “an aristocratic woman who spends her summertime in her house by the sea while painting”. Which sounds rather lovely, doesn’t it? She applies her liner in the car, as it “goes over a pebble”. Though you can achieve the same effect simply by adding a little flourish in front of your bathroom mirror. Embrace the wobble.
Get the look
1. Trish McEvoy Liquid Liner £38, libertylondon.com
2. Revlon ColorStay £8.99, superdrug.com
3. Always On liquid Liner £19, smashbox.co.uk
4. Brush Stroke Liner £18.50, maccosmetics.co.uk
5. Christian Louboutin £58, selfridges.com
6. Lash FX Liquid Liner £7.95, lash-fx.com
7. Chantecaille Le Stylo £28, spacenk.com
8. Fenty Beauty £17, harveynichols.com
9. Waterproof Liquid Liner £28, hourglasscosmetics.com
10. Kevyn Aucoin Liquid Liner £28, net-a-porter.com
11. Guerlain Liquid Liner £27.45, debenhams.com
12. Long Wear Liner £24.50, bobbibrown.co.uk
Sana Jardin claims to be ‘the world’s first socially conscious luxury fragrance house’ – they empower low-income women in Morocco through commerce, and the packaging is from recycled materials. Plus, each of their seven scents smells a-mazing (sanajardin.com)
At the Vivienne Westwood AW18 show, Sam McKnight brushed a rainbow of colour on to models’ hair. You can do the same, with L’Oréal Professionnel Flash Pro Hair Makeup, which washes off in the shower.
Chew and tan
UTAN & Tone are a brand dedicated to changing the way we self-tan. As well as tanning water and a ‘blending creme’ for corrections, they’ve developed Tan Gummies, designed to be more powerful than traditional tan supplements – and far tastier, too.
guardian.co.uk © Guardian News & Media Limited 2010