“Ultra-Rare” Phoenix watch among U-BOAT masterpieces to be presented at Baselworld 2015
Five “ultra-rare” masterpieces conceived by Italo Fontana, the Creator of U-BOAT luxury Italian watches, are set to be unveiled at this year’s Baselworld. The new watches boast precious and selected materials such as Gold and Sterling Silver, treated with traditional but also advanced and unusual techniques: acid baths, IP and DLC treatments, “martellée” finishing. Full diamond pavé and baguette cut rubies will turn these watches into Jewelry masterpieces.
Developed on designs currently in collections such as the Classico, the Flightdeck and the Chimera, each watch is fully hand crafted in a different artisanal way, so each
piece of the same design looks unique as it is personalized for each customer.
One of the five new U-Boat watches is U-Boat Phoenix, a timepieces developed on the Classico design. This limited edition chrono watch features a mother-pearl dial. The 48mm case received “martellée” finishing and it has been partially drilled, in order to create small cracks in the sterling silver 925 material. The small cracks have been patiently filled by Italian craftsmen with 180 black diamonds.
Take a look at U-Boat Ultra-Rare Phoenix watch Technical Specifications:
- Classico sterling silver case, 48 mm diameter;
- Crown on the left side with a special protective device and push buttons in sterling silver;
- Thin fissures have been patiently drilled on the case. Black diamonds have been set in the small cracks;
- On the chrono pusher a black diamond has been set;
- “Martellée” finished case;
- Mother pearl dial;
- Black diamonds set backwards inside the bezel;
- U-77 movement, automatic mechanical chronograph modified and personalized at U-BOAT specifications;
- Chrono functions, no dater. Hours, minutes, small seconds, chronograph 60s, counter 12 at 12, counter 30 minutes at 6;
- Sapphire, highly resistant;
- Vintage brown calf lather strap;
- “Martellée” silver buckle and fissures filled with diamonds;
- 50 meters water resistance.