More Than 100 Health Companies to Take Center Stage at the most influential tech event in the world
The pandemic spurred rapid innovation from digital health companies across the globe who continue to find ways to make our lives safer, happier and longer.
Health technology – the strongest presence at CES 2022
The health category has grown significantly at CES in recent years. CES 2022, the most influential tech event in the world, will convene leaders in health tech and showcase the latest products and solutions tackling the pandemic and improving people’s health. More than 100 health companies will exhibit at 2022 happening in person in Las Vegas, NV from January 5-8.
The North Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center at CES will feature the latest health technologies including remote patient diagnostics and monitoring, digital therapeutics, mental wellness, wearables and telehealth services. Participating health companies include: 3M, Abbott, AT&T Business, Colgate- Palmolive, Dassault Systèmes, OMRON Healthcare, OrCam, Penumbra, Philips, Sleep Number, Variowell and more.
“Technology improves our lives in so many ways, and that is especially clear in the health sector,” said Gary Shapiro, president and CEO, CTA. “We are thrilled with health technology’s strong presence at CES 2022 and look forward to its continued growth in the years ahead.”
CES 2022 will showcase the latest innovations from companies tackling pandemic-related challenges that are interested in meeting with potential buyers and suppliers at CES. Exhibitors include:
- Opteev developed ViraWarn, the first-ever airborne COVID-19 detector. The ViraWarn product line is divided into two types of products that will fight the COVID-19 pandemic with instant diagnosis of COVID-19 – ViraWarn Breath Analysis and ViraWarn Room Detector. ViraWarn’s proprietary Charge Transference Technology uses the charge-transfer complex of spiked protein viruses in an engineered media of high resistivity.
- Dassault Systèmes developed its SIMULIA PowerFLOW software that can simulate the spread of water droplets, helping us better understand how COVID-19 is spread. Their “virtual twin experience” starts with a 3D model that represents the shape, dimensions and properties of a physical product or system.
- Breathings developed BULO, a state-of-the-art device that measures lung health, and provides personal breathing exercises. Breathings is a healthcare company specializing in respiratory and lung health. BULO was created as lung health came into focus during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Abbott Chairman of the Board and CEO Robert B. Ford will deliver the first ever keynote from a healthcare company at the event. Ford will be joined on stage by a diverse group of Abbott’s top scientists, engineers, inventors and partners to discuss the technology revolution in healthcare, and how it is empowering people to actively engage in their own health. In addition, all CES attendees will be provided with Abbott BinaxNOW COVID-19 Self-Test kits.
“Health is at the center of our ability to live a full life, and the acceleration of health technology has the potential to improve more lives in more places than ever before. We look forward to sharing some of the latest health tech advancements and future possibilities at CES 2022.” Abbott’s Ford said in a recent statement.
CES 2022 will feature in-depth panel conversations on a range of health topics, with sessions including:
- Can Health Tech Advance Health Equity?
- Bias in the Evolving Landscape of AI in Health Care
- Mental Health Innovation in Virtual Care: Stories of Success and Opportunity.
The pandemic sped up the adoption of health technologies and services. A 2021 Consumer Technology Association (CTA) study found that since March of 2020, 20% of U.S. households used online health services for the first time, and 20% plan to continue using them in the next year. 25% of U.S. homes now own air purifiers, 23% have smart or connected health monitoring devices and 19% have connected sports or fitness equipment (up 7% from 2020).
MedWand Solutions to Showcase the Evolution of Telemedicine at CES 2022 in Las Vegas Jan 5-8, 2022
Leading the way in delivering digital healthcare technologies for clinicians and patients, MedWand Solutions will showcase the latest developments of its award-winning product at the upcoming 2022 Consumer Electronics Show (CES), the world’s largest technology trade show, January 5-8, 2022 in Las Vegas. MedWand will demonstrate how clinicians can perform real-time clinically accurate, multi-diagnostic examinations of their patients, using a single handheld device from anywhere in the world.
This groundbreaking technology brings physical exams into the virtual world, and at CES 2022 MedWand will showcase live demonstrations by a physician who will conduct comprehensive video consultations and physical exams over the Internet, including real-time monitoring and recording of key vitals. Collected data can include core temperature, blood oxygen saturation and pulse rate, heart, lung and abdominal auscultations, electrocardiogram, and high definition otoscopic, oropharynx, and dermatoscopic exam images. MedWand will also demonstrate the seamless capture of 3rd party vitals such as blood pressure, blood sugar, spirometry, weight, and body mass data, all integrated with popular EHR and patient management solutions to support scheduling of exams and export of all captured data into the EHR.
MedWand will also announce that it is now able to host FDA-approved AI (Anomaly Indication) algorithms through its cloud-based and scalable VirtualCare software platform. This capability further advances the science of telemedicine by enabling low cost screening for life threatening conditions that might be missed by primary providers unfamiliar with the symptoms.