This year, MR PORTER decided it was high time to show the lesser-known British loafer some love.
MR PORTER launches exclusive footwear celebrating the Best of British Loafers.
MR PORTER, the award-winning online destination for men’s style, introduced the ‘Best of British Loafers,’ an exclusive capsule featuring contemporary takes on the loafer from seven esteemed English shoemakers, including: Cheaney, Church’s, Edward Green, George Cleverley, Grenson, John Lobb and Tricker’s.
“Working in collaboration with a who’s who of British shoemakers – John Lobb, Cheaney, Grenson, Tricker’s, Church’s, Edward Green and George Cleverley – we’ve created a line-up of loafers to suit all situations and styles, in suede, in leather, with tassels, kilties and more, and available exclusively online at MR PORTER,” said Chris Elvidge, Marketing Editor, MR PORTER.
To mark the launch of this new collection, Mr.Porter chosen one pair of loafers from each of the seven shoemakers and illustrated how best to wear them. “We hope that it reflects how, despite its long history, the loafer can, and should, be considered a thoroughly contemporary shoe,” added Chris Elvidge.
The Spring-Summer 2019 capsule features 29 styles from the seven brands, in a range of leather, suede, and tasseled versions. Highlights from each brand include:
- Edward Green shoes– Appropriately titled ‘Islington’ loafer in a warm and versatile light-brown snuff suede, built with a sturdy rubber sole;
- George Cleverley shoes – Relaxed ‘Hedsor’ slipper in a supple navy suede with soft quilted linings for a comfortable fit;
- Grenson shoes– Black suede and pony hair loafer with a chunky, tonal black sole serving up a fusion of punk and prep;
- John Lobb loafer – ‘Thorne’ penny loafer in a dark brown suede, unlined for comfort and ease with a low profile rubber sole;
- Tricker’s shoes– Classic step in ‘James’ loafer in a lightweight black suede with a rubber-crepe sole to keep you steady on every surface;
“Loafers have always been an essential component of every man’s wardrobe. As purveyors of the modern man’s wardrobe, we are pleased to work with some of the foremost names in the shoe business to offer our customer what we believe are some of the best slip-on shoes available,” said David Morris, MR PORTER Footwear Buyer.