Top luxury safaris and safari destinations in Africa. Botswana.
With its unrivalled atmosphere of remoteness, Africa offers the eco-travellers one of the most awe-inspiring travel experiences imaginable. Exploring Africa’s top safari destinations delivers a plethora of activities blending outdoor adventure, luxury accommodations, cultural tours, and adrenaline. Surrendering yourself to the nature, a trip into Africa’s wilderness can be life-changing.
Kenya, Tanzania, Botswana, Uganda, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Namibia are all united by Game Parks and Wildlife Reserves, embracing all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. Tanzania has herds of elephant and pride of lions lounging in the sun. Kenya, Africa’s most popular safari destination, has the migration of millions of wildebeest and zebra, the Masai Mara and Serengeti. South Africa welcomes you with Kruger National Park – one of the best maintained parks in Africa. Uganda is famous for its Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, an UNESCO World Heritage Site, home to half of the world’s population of mountain gorillas. The endangered black rhino and Africa’s tallest elephants can be admired and immortalized by the camera in Namibia’s Etosha National Park. A self-drive safari experience will let the travelers see the whole spectacle clearly. Hwange National Park in Zimbabwe attracts visitors with the abundance of residents (elephants, giraffes, and lions), and The Victoria Falls – one of the greatest natural wonders of the world
Botswana is, indeed, one of the bestkept secrets of Africa and a top wildlife ans safari destination, full of contrats like the relief of this country. Being one of the leading sustainable ecotourism destinations, Botswana is implementing the Ecotourism Certification System, facilitating tourism development that is environmentally sustainable. Wild Dog, Cheetah, Cape Vulture, Brown Hyena, Kori Bustard, Wattled Crane, and Pel’s Fishing Owl, all this endangered bird and mammal species are under protection, as the country is the last stronghold for them. The Okavango Delta, the world’s largest inland delta, in the north- west, is transformed into The Makgadikgadi Pans National Park, with its large salt pan.
Exploring a destination as exotic as Botswana, communion with nature and other-worldliness are the key words. The genuine safaris in Botswana experiences , give the unique feeling of moving through an immense nature wonderland.
Where in Botswana you will feel simply surrounded by wild animals and birds:
Chobe National Park Botswana (11,000 km2 (4,247 sq mi)
– some of the highest concentrations of wild animals in Africa year round.
– the world’s largest concentration of African elephants.
– 350 species of birds;
Okavango Delta – one of the world’s largest inland deltas
– explore an unique inland water system
– the occasion to see a huge variety of birds and mammals.
– view much of the wildlife from a traditional canoe – a mokoro.
The best time:
– during the peak of the flood of The Okavango River, in the dry season from May to October.
The Moremi Game Reserve Botswana
– combine the 4×4 safaris with water-based mokoro exploration
– experience views of Savannah game
– bird-watching on the lagoons
– watch the rare leopard, wild dogs, as well as the Big Five
– black and white rhino.
The Linyanti Wildlife Reserve – one of Botswana’s main drawcards
– predators and game which migrate to the Linyanti River during dry winter months;
– an outstanding all-year birding destination
– one of Africa’s most under-rated wilderness areas .