Exclusively female room attendants
London’s Dukes hotel introducing ‘women only’ rooms
Dukes Hotel in London announced the launch of Duchess Rooms concept – a discreet service tailored to female business and leisure guests. Women travelling alone, on business, or with friends can expect the following feminine touches, as standard:
* A personal welcome card from Debrah Dhugga, the General Manager.
* A female member of staff to escort ladies to their rooms and handle all room service and housekeeping requirements.
* Makeup mirror, hair dryer and accessories are positioned at easy reach from the dressing table.
* Smaller size slippers.
* Fresh flowers and a complimentary fruit bowl are available.
* A choice of glossy lifestyle magazines in every room.
* A quiet corner table can be allocated in the Dining room.
The same concept at Bella Sky Hotel in , a hotel that blocked off a whole floor for women, was declared illegal.