GALA SPA AWARDS, one of the most important international beauty and spa awards, announced its 2016 winners.
On 3rd April, premium people and lifestyle magazine GALA awarded the GALA SPA AWARDS 2016, one of the most important beauty and spa awards worldwide. The best international care concepts and spas were honoured at a glamorous award ceremony at Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa in Baden-Baden. At the 20th anniversary of this event, the independent expert judging panel did not have an easy task: with more than 170 applications of outstanding quality, the number of product submissions was higher than ever.
More than 200 invited guests gathered at the glamorous award ceremony at Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa, including numerous representatives from the fields of business, culture and show business, as well as renowned representatives from the luxury cosmetics and luxury hotel industries.
A highlight of the evening was the announcement of Naomi Campbell as “Beauty Idol” of the year. Having celebrated her 25th catwalk anniversary last year, the 45-year-old top model stands for beauty and success. Naomi Campbell is also a successful actress, singer and book author, and markets her own perfume line. In addition, the British top model has a big heart and consistently supports numerous social projects. She also organises big shows with fund-raising campaigns. Fascinated by her great charisma and natural manner, the judging panel of the GALA SPA AWARDS honoured her as “Beauty Idol” 2016.
This year’s “Special Prize” goes to Professor Michael Braungart, who advocates the conservation of resources and eco-effectiveness. Holding a PhD in chemistry, he has supported Greenpeace since the 1980s. In 1987, he founded the environmental consulting institute EPEA. Ever since, Braungart has concerned himself with research and consultation for eco-effective projects and developed the cradle-to-cradle
principle. The judging panel of the GALA SPA AWARDS honoured his outstanding commitment to eco- effectiveness by awarding him the “Special Prize”.
The winners of the GALA SPA AWARDS 2016 at a glance:
- “2016 Beauty Idol” category: Naomi Campbell;
- “Special Prize” category: Professor Michael Braungart;
- “Luxury Concepts” category: Givenchy – Le Soin Noir Masque Dentelle;
- “Innovation Concepts” category: Dr. Grandel – Beautygen Renew Body;
- “Cult Concepts” category: Weleda – Skin Food Hautcreme;
- “Men Concepts” category: Skinceuticals – Metacell Renewal B3;
- “Organic Concepts” category: Börlind – Beauty Shots Intensiv Konzentrate;
- “Treatment Concepts” category: Clarins – The Art of Touch;
- “Luxury Hotel City/Resort” category: Royal Mansour, Morocco;
- “Innovative Spa Concepts” category: Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru, Maldives.