Zagat gastronomic guide, known as the “burgundy bible”, a trusted source for consumer-generated survey information, rounded up 10 can’t-miss spots from Spain to Singapore that are perfect for any gastro-savvy holiday traveler (or just the straight-up restaurant-obsessed). The Peruvian eatery from Arjan Waney (Zuma, Roka, La Petite Maison) is one of the hottest eateries to hit London this year.
1. Coya Restaurant, London, UK; Chef: Sanjay Dwivedi
3. Faviken Magasinet Restaurant, Järpen (Sweden); Chef: Magnus Nilsson
Cuisine: Hyper-local, Scandinavian
4. Tanta Restaurant, Barcelona, Spain; Chef: Gaston Acurio
5. La Dame de Pic Restaurant, Paris, France
Chef: Anne-Sophie Pic
Cuisine: Based on the sensory experience of smell, constantly changing menus are created by pairing “perfumes” and food
6. Mission Chinese Food Restaurant, New York, USA
Chef: Danny Bowien
Cuisine: Chinese fare, reinvented.
7. Lolla Restaurant, Singapore
Chef: Pang Hian Lee
Cuisine: Mediterranean-inspired small plates
8. State Bird Provisions Restaurant, San Francisco; Chef: Duo Stuart Brioza and Nicole Krasinski
Cuisine: New American-inspired fare
9. The Parish Restaurant, Los Angeles, USA; Chef: Casey Lane
Cuisine: English gastropub-type fare
10. Grace Restaurant, Chicago, USA; Chef: Curtis Duffy
Cuisine: Fine dining, multi-course menus.
In December 2012, Zagat guide released its first-ever Dubai City Guide covering dining, nightlife, shopping and attractions.